Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A GOOD DAY!

Today was great. Sonel did not complain once about his legs aching. He never once asked for the heating pad, which was used several times a day. He had a bath first thing this morning. When I removed everything from his feet, he was a little worried. When I sat him in the tub, he tried to hold his feet and legs out of the water. I had to push them in the water and tell him "It's OK, the doctor said it was OK". After that he enjoyed himself. It was soooo hard getting the boots back on. Everything sticks to everything! Their is velcro everywhere. I had to figure out how to cover the velcro and pull the covers off after his foot was in the brace. I think it actually came with something to cover the velcro with, but it didn't get sent home with me. His feet have to be in the boots ALL day and ALL night for 3 weeks. He doesn't seem to mind. He's a pretty happy fellow.
Lori, I know I need to teach him English, but I love to speak in Creole with him. Hope can speak quite a bit of Creole. One thing Sonel has learned in English...he says "poop" now!

2 comments:

Rebekah Hubley said...

Does he have something under the boots besides the black insert? Micah had those exact boots after his ortho surgery in November, and we just slid his feet/legs in and out of the inserts that stayed secure in the boots. You will get used to them... It was a quick process after Micah's legs were healed more!!! Let me know if you need any help with them, we became pros...

Brenda said...

Sonel's legs are wrapped with an ace bandage, then put in the boots. I don't think he would be able to slide his legs in and out even if he didn't have the ace bandage. The bars on each side of his legs is realy tight to his legs. He is very careful with his feet, too. I think he will be scared to stand on his feet when the doctor says it's OK.