Thursday, May 15, 2008

I thought that I would be posting everyday, but...I'm a much busier "mom" than I used to be. Sonel has stopped asking for rice at mealtimes now. I think he enjoys trying new things. Yesterday we had tacos and he loved them. He's also getting used to having 3 meals a day. At first, he wanted to "eat"...as soon as he finished a meal. I don't know if he thought he might not get anymore for the day or what.
Lori, Charles and Zach were at our church this past Sunday. They live/work at the Medical Clinic/Rescue Center where Sonel came from. I thought he would be thrilled to see and talk to someone that could speak Creole (better than me), but he was shocked to see them. He became totally serious, no smiling at all. I think he feared that they had come to take him. Lori kept assuring him that she had just come to visit him. It will be so hard to take him back, but I don't want to think about that right now.
I'm posting a video of Sonel eating spaghetti. I don't feed him this much. I can't believe that he actually ate it. Listen in the end. I ask him if he wants a banana when he is finished.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

That is awesome! I love the video! Thank you for sharing Sonel!