Tuesday, March 31, 2009

OUCH!!!

Yesterday, Sonel fell off of the ladder to the play fort in our yard. He was playing alone. When he came in the house, he was screaming! I got some ice and gave him some Tylenol, but he was not letting up on the crying. I knew something was really wrong. I called the pediatrician who has seen him since he's been here and they said bring him right in. They took some x rays. They said they didn't see a break, but he has fluid all around his elbow. They sent us home and said to give him Motrin until we could see an orthopedic doctor today. We were ready first thing this morning.........no phone call. I called and they said they were working on it. Of course the problem was nobody wanted to donate their care for Sonel...they wanted their money. I finally called Dr. DeHeer (Sonel's podiatrist) and asked him if he knew anybody that might help. He gave me a name and I called...the girl said hold on, and then the Doctor came to the phone and asked me a few questions and said "Bring him in in the morning". So I'll keep you posted as to what happens. By searching the web, it sounds to me like he will need a full cast or splint. The poor baby has been living on Motrin, but he is doing good. His elbow is really swollen today. they gave him a sling, but he prefers to let it hang by his side.
I am so amazed by how God provides. I'm so thankful for all of the kind hearted doctors that have given so much, for Sonel. His life will be forever changed because of them. Dr. DeHeer just got back from Haiti last week. He goes down there all the time and donates his time teaching and performing surgery. He has such a heart for Haiti.
Brenda

No comments: