Monday, July 28, 2008

HE'S WALKING!!!

Sonel hasn't wanted to walk, since he can crawl everywhere with out all of the effort that walking, while holding my hands, takes. When holding my hands, he would pull down on them and walk bent over. I would pinch his butt, he would laugh and straighten up for a while. He has to wear metal walking boots that don't bend at the ankle, so it's like walking in ski boots. Last night I went to my son's church. They have a "healing service" once a month, at my age...I can use all the help I can get. Sonel and I went up to be prayed for. Well, about 3 hours ago, while at my daughter's house, I was walking Sonel around. I had him let go of my hands and go about 3 steps by himself, to the couch. He did really well. He wanted to do it again. We all cheered like crazy. He was walking on his own! Then he just started walking all over the house!!! His balance was really good. He didn't wobble like I thought he would. I give all the glory to God for Sonel being able to walk alone, on his first try. He didn't have to work at it. And he never walked at all while holding onto furniture. Now, he is so excited to walk everywhere. He is even looking forward to showing the doctor on Wednesday (he asked me if we could go 'now')! When we said bed time prayers, Sonel smiled the whole time as we thanked God that he could walk. Before I left his room Sonel said "Mommy, mache!" Which is "Mommy, walk!" He had the biggest grin on his face. I will have a video of him walking tomorrow, I promise! Thank you Dr. DeHeer, for changing Sonel's life...thank you Jesus, for changing his life, in an instant. I think he is realizing that Dr. DeHeer didn't just make his feet hurt, but he made them better. I asked him if he was going to tell the doctor "thank you" for fixing his feet and he said "yes". He is such a joy to our family.
Brenda

No comments: